Monday, June 16, 2008

When why do you do it?

It was Father's Day morning. I asked the children what they liked most about their Daddy and they had to think some on that one. I remarked that one of the best daddy traits he has, in my opinion, is his patience. John virtually never yells. I said "I love how Daddy pretty much never yells."  Just like in the previous blog message, I never would have predicted Matthew's response: "Then why do you do it?" and he had a point. If I admired this trait – patience, then why don't I display it more? A fine question and a very innocent one coming from the pondering and curious mind of a five year old. So we talked about people's different patience levels, and that I try not to yell, but that God isn't through with me yet :-)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?