Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Hi! I'm up here!
WEll, the end of summer brought us to the balcony upstiars off the master. The ever present breezes of the evening and cooler temps (it is amazing how it get scooler outside than inside, even when all the windows are open and breezes are blowing) made it just right for sleeping. We pulled the futon out there and when it rains we cover it of course, with a tarp. It is absolutely heavenly, with the stars over us and cool temps and views opf both the mountain range to the east and the river valley and village below us 1000 feet to the west. Jsut amazing views, I never thought I would live in a place with such views as this.
Anyhow, I put Matty to bed and then went into my bathroom to get ready for bed. he was all nicely tucked in and all, when I heard 'Hi! Hello down there! and Hi! I am up here!' shouting to he neighbors walking dogs along the sidewalks below. he jsut loves it, sleeping on the balcony. He revels in sleeping in the fresh air. In fact, often we have had to cuddle with sleeping bags zipped up tight, to stay warm enough. And wear socks to bed in an effort to stay sufficiently warm! A very nice antidote for the very warm summer days. it has been so neat to wake up and feel raindrips on my face and feel the brisk wind blowing my hair around. Wow, like camping.
Anyhow, I put Matty to bed and then went into my bathroom to get ready for bed. he was all nicely tucked in and all, when I heard 'Hi! Hello down there! and Hi! I am up here!' shouting to he neighbors walking dogs along the sidewalks below. he jsut loves it, sleeping on the balcony. He revels in sleeping in the fresh air. In fact, often we have had to cuddle with sleeping bags zipped up tight, to stay warm enough. And wear socks to bed in an effort to stay sufficiently warm! A very nice antidote for the very warm summer days. it has been so neat to wake up and feel raindrips on my face and feel the brisk wind blowing my hair around. Wow, like camping.