Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"YOU wouldn't do that for us!"

We had a pretty funny incident occur last week. I had had a very touching conversation with Matty's lovely teacher, Mrs. Snyder about her daughter who just became diabetic in the last year, right around age 17-18. it was labeled juvenile onset. Anyhow, she was telling me about how she now goes on the same diet as her daughter, exactly the same, to provide moral and emotional support. Wow, was I moved. That really touched me, being a lover of sweets. She is too. I fix her mochas every morning and she jsut loves them. So she was careful to teach me how to make it with very little sugar, and was pleased as punch to hear that mine have no added sugar, only splenda or stevia. I am careful not to add much chocolate raspberry creamer for it is loaded with corn syrup. Anyhow, over dinner the next day I carefully told the family how Mrs. Snyder does this for her daughter and I knew I would appreciate it very much if a family member, especially a live in family member dieted the same, now that suddenly there are restrictions. Drew wasted no time telling me "'There is no way you would do that for us Mom!" and he maybe right. I would sure want to give moral support, but wow, do I ever have a sweet tooth. WE all burwt out laughing though, immediately, for he hit the nail on the head. In fact, I think everyone at the table, John and Matty believed Drew. ~mary

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?