Sunday, November 16, 2008

sick? yeah, right......

I felt just awful last week.  Matty was misbehaving of some sort, so I gave him my favorite kind of punishment - writing lines, as Drew's teachers would say.   I told him to write a given sentence five times.  Now he has just learned to write in cursive, so writing something 5x is a lot!  I learned five years ago what a super punishment this is, for Drew hated to 'write lines'.  Drew would just laugh at having to write something 5x.  Now it hadn't been about 10 seconds before Matty said he was feeling sick, so I thought nothing of it.  It is nothing for the kids to feel sick once they have received a punishment.  I didn't frankly believe him and I winked at John when he said he didn't feel well, so I had him sit down at the table and write his given sentence 5x.  Well, he said he felt worse so I directed him to lie down in his loft.  On the way to his bed he vomited.  Wow, did I ever feel awful.  Not believing my darling six year old when he is sick to his stomach.  

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?