Sunday, December 14, 2008

Braces

Well, the day came after hearing about this for over a year now, and Drew received braces. it was painless. It is just amazing how painless they make it these days. Dr. Kim Anderson is so great, so good with the kids and with the adults. i am just thrilled that we found her. Kimsey is her given name, I keep thinking it sounds like a childhood nickname, "Kimsey". We got an amazing price with her, many thaousands less, and I have since that day wondered if it is because of our friendship with some close family friends of hers, or is she jstu has more reasonable prices, or what. Anyhow, we are so happy with her all the way around and that she communicates well andb respectfully and so does her staff so far. They ahve aobut 30 different colors for the braces that they let the children pick out each time they visit. I got the impression the kids get the colored part removed each month at the follow up visit of four weeks then they get a new color of choice put on. Many at this time at picking red or green. Drew's first color picked was kelly green. It is jtu ont he upper front center four teeth. he had no problem accepting his braces. I went to turn int he note to his drama teacher Julie Case when he ahd gone in already and they asked him why he was late. He told them and they demanded to see his new smile. Someone shouted out 'join the club!' for nearly all the drama students have braces, for some reason. They are all 6-8th graders. I was jstu thrilled he took to it so well. I was really fearful that he would become even more self conscious than he was, and he was already terribly self conscious. Seems not to be affecting him badly at all. In fact, I would almost swear he has more self confidence now, maybe he feels more grown up???.......

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?