Monday, December 01, 2008
new name
Matty insisted that he have a new name today, and he has told me this for two days now, consistently. he says he prefers the name 'Sean' to Matty. Finally it occurred to me to ask why. I assumed it was because he admires Drew's friend Sean, who is nice to Matty. he said a child at school has been teasing him about his name. I talked to him about all kids getting their names teased at some point in time. I will have to tell John. he asked today if I remember that he wants to be called Sean. I replied 'of course, Sean'. Sean martinez. I asked him if it would be okay if we just called him Sean and left his actual name Matty. he said no, not enough. I suppose we will be visiting downtown soon to make it official.