Monday, December 01, 2008

sick in the middle of the night

Recently we all found ourselves huddled around my bathroom in the middle of the night: Drew, Matty and myself (Mary).  I think what happened was that the kids went to bed and later o in the middle of the night they had come to me one at a time and said they felt sick to their stomachs.  So I let them sleep[ on my floor in their sleeping bags so I could be nearby in case they needed me or John.   Well, we managed to get by okay without incident that night!  Just felt a stomach upset.  

Anyhow, I was making dinner tonight and it happened that we are all sick again with colds this time, all four of us with varying symptomry.    Matty said to me 'Mom, remember a few weeks ago when we were all sick in your bathroom in the middle of the night?' and I said indeed I did.   That was really different, that night, as I held him in my arms and we all sat there all waiting for what we suspected was going to come, but didn't.  so he said 'That was really neat, let's do that again sometime'.     

A few days ago Matty was feeling awful with ear pain in the middle of the night and came upstairs to my room.    Matty awoke me to say that he had yet another sore throat and I looked at the clock and sure enough he was due for more tylenol.  But I had to think hard what to give him, for I suspected we were all out of it.  I looked all over and in the kitchen medicine stash, and looked for an old bottle of infant acetaminophen drops.  fi ally I finally found one more dose of two tablets, just enough for Matty's size.  it had been a few minutes since I had gone looking and I was afraid he was asleep now,so I whispered to him, "honey??' and he whispered back "I can't keep my eyes open while I am sleeping'.  I have no idea what that meant, if anything.   

 Then I whispered to him that I wasn't sure if I could manage to pry the package open.  he replied confidently 'Don't worry Mom, Dad can - in the light'.

I told him that firs thing in the morning I would take him to the doctor to have his ears checked, for he has had pain in his ear acutely all during the last half of thanksgiving day.   eh replied 'But don't we have to have breakfast first?'

I told him tha the first thing I would take himt o the doctor,    

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?