Monday, January 19, 2009
But your teacher is not here
This was a really funny one! I find it hysterical when the kids attempt to discipline each other and to see how indignant they get when one another does something wrong. Their reaction sometimes is as if the other child did something heinously wrong.
Recently in December we had our neighbor boy Matthew H. over in the afternoon after school. Matty and he were playing in the stairwell when I overheard Matthew H. singing to the tune of Jingle Bells "Jingle bells, Batman smells, Robin laid an egg, " and it turns out that Matty's teacher had asked the class not to sing this, wishing for them to seeing the old fashioned words to it only. I can see her point; it sounds so nice sung with the old fashioned words. However, Matthew H. is not in Matty's class, but next door in Mrs. Pridham's class. So he had no idea this was outlawed. Matty told him indignantly not to sing it because Mrs. Snyder told them not to. Matthew replied that Mrs. Snyder is not here, (therefore he can sing it). I was chuckling by now. Then Matty replied that even though she is not here, they still needed to do what she said anyway! I told her the next day that Matty was obeying her even when she was long gone.