Saturday, January 24, 2009

the forgotten rain

I was just getting ready for bed and remembered that it had rained for about 2 minutes yesterday and I forgot to tell John.  What a shame, he would have liked to hear about it. But he is out walking Rory now.  I never ever would have believed in a million years while growing up in central NY that rain would become important to me later in my life. It is just that it has not rained for months now, it seems. I cannot remember the last rain except that it was in the fall, and it lasted all day and I enjoyed it quite a bit, as one does desert rains. It was one of those relaxing days when I spent on the couch in the family room just gazing up at the cloudy sky, marveling at it rain and making it smell so good and fresh and clean outside. But yesterday was nice too, even for those two precious two minutes of rainfall, or sprinkling that I felt.  The two boys and I were walking into the theatre on Jefferson to meet the Gonzales', and it was close to the time we were supposed to meet them inside, so we had to go inside. I felt badly having to turn away from the first rain in months. Sad. Very sad. I know my friends in college in South Bend, IN, where it rains a lot and every day is cloudy, would have committed me if they could see what I have turned out to be. A rain loving person. That was unheard of in South Bend. You definitely were insane in IN if you liked rain.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?