Monday, January 12, 2009

Homesickness

Matty had been sent to bed ten minutes ago when I looked up to find him silently standing behind my sofa.   I asked him what was wrong and he replied 'I am homesick'.   He believes feeling sick while one is at home is homesickness; his stomach ached.  So I laid in his bed with him for a while.  I told him I loved him and he grabbed me with both arms and held me tight to him and said 'don't ever leave me, ever'.  not too long after Drew came to bed in the lofts and he urged me to leave, saying 'I will watch over Matty, Mom; you can go' ~ he likes to be left in charge of Matty whenever possible, he is a really good kid that way.  He rather likes gaining responsibility.  So I left despite Matty's protests.  

~Mary

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?