Sunday, July 26, 2009
epitaph talk
Drew today asked us what epitaph means. Well, I explained and further said that for instance when I die, someone who knows me really well might put on my epitaph, 'Mary's motto was 'a place for everything and everything in its place''. Well, John piped up from across the room and added "And now Mary is in her place". We all burst out laughing.
Scratch and Dent
John called me from the store where he was buying a new microwave today, with the boys. he was so excited and said over the phone 'Mary, you would be so proud of me! I got a super deal on this microwave. It retails for $400 and I got it for $180.' I was awfully curious. Then I learned it was from a scratch and dent sale. Most of the microwaves there are sold as scratch and dents actually, at least they were that day. Funny. So I was wary of how this dented microwave would look in our home for the next 20-30 years, not having seen it, but when it came home I could not find its dent. Finally I did, it wasn't bad. I think it might require the right light at the right angle to see it. It is stainless steel. Looks absolutely huge, huger than huge, sitting in the family room now, awaiting installation. John tells me it will fit and he is not wrong about such things. I will be amazed when it fits. maybe it looks so imposing for it is stainless steel, not white like we have.