Tuesday, September 15, 2009
the finer things in life
I have discovered of late that Drew likes the finer things in life, as do I. I never expected this of a boy, though. Sure I would expect it more from a teenage girl. but in the last year or two I have seen a remarkable resemblance of Drew's attraction for the more expensive things. I began with a down comforter I bought at a garage sale in mint condition. It had a stain of yellowing tha cqame out superbly and looked good as new by the time I washed it. Drew has trouble staying warm in winter like me, and unlike John and Matty. So he is quite taken with the down comforter. He sleeps on a tempur pedic mattress when he goes to visit Aunt Vicki so he is quite taken with that also. He says his own bed is very hard. I promised I would try to come up with funds for a tempur pedic for his birthday this December.
We were coming home from ice skating rink Sunday where the kids skate with friends Pieper and Penny Holeman. Drew tried on my cherished cashmere lined cotton Lands End gloves. Oh, was he ever taken with their softness. He pretended he was not going to give them back. I bought them when we had very little money two winters ago so I am quite attached to them. softest gloves I have ever owned and warm too. Perfect for carpooling in winter.
Drew likes the ubersoft microfleece blanket I bought for his bed and also for matty's. Never expected to find sons that appreciate the finer things......I love it when life surprises you.
We were coming home from ice skating rink Sunday where the kids skate with friends Pieper and Penny Holeman. Drew tried on my cherished cashmere lined cotton Lands End gloves. Oh, was he ever taken with their softness. He pretended he was not going to give them back. I bought them when we had very little money two winters ago so I am quite attached to them. softest gloves I have ever owned and warm too. Perfect for carpooling in winter.
Drew likes the ubersoft microfleece blanket I bought for his bed and also for matty's. Never expected to find sons that appreciate the finer things......I love it when life surprises you.