Sunday, October 02, 2011

arguing/disappointed with yourself?

We have found arguing at home with three people with ADD to be considerable, to say the least. If you're not familiar with ADD, the arguing is exacerbated oftentimes by those afflicted with ADD. One day I said something to the effect that they would have to pay me if they insisted on continuing this useless argument (so many arguments with those with ADD just continue and continue ad nauseum, for somehow it is stimulating to their focus and 'fun' or something crazy like that.

Drew said 'so you're saying we can pay you in order to argue?'
Mary: ((sigh)) Totally exasperated.

...................................................................................................................................

a sad thing happened that I cannot remember totally, but I do remember this: Matty broke a house rule, and so he was really disappointed/angry upon being caught breaking the rule. So I asked him 'are you disappointed in yourself?' "No", he replied, "I'm disappointed in the rule." :-) 8 years old is so cute.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?